| There are two methods by which a Nurse may apply for a license by Endorsement for Texas. You may apply by the Online Endorsement Application or by the Fillable PDF Endorsement Application.
Online Endorsement Application
You may use the online Endorsement Application if ALL of the following 3 things apply to you:
- You have a U.S. Social Security Number and
- You have no eligibility issues to disclose to the Board such as criminal or disciplinary history and
- You will pay the $186.00 application fee by credit card or electronic check
Access the Online Endorsement Application Here
Fillable PDF Application
You may use the fillable pdf Endorsement Application if ANY one or more of the following 3 things apply to you:
- You DO NOT HAVE a U.S. Social Security Number and/or
- You DO HAVE any eligibility issues to disclose to the Board such as criminal or disciplinary history and
- You will MAIL ALONG WITH YOUR APPLICATION the $186.00 application fee made by check or money order drawn from a bank based in the United States.
This application is designed to be completed on a computer or electronic device. Once you complete the application you may print all 3 pages and sign and date each one.
These applications work best in Adobe Reader. You may download Adobe Reader free for desktop or mobile here https://acrobat.adobe.com/us/en/acrobat/pdf-reader.html
Access the Fillable PDF Endorsement Applications Here (LVN Endorsement Application, LVN Endorsement Application Instruction, RN Endorsement Application, RN Endorsement Application Instructions)
Answers to some general question regarding the process can be located at the following pages: Endorsement Information or frequently asked questions page.
Verification Request Forms
You may use the appropriate form below to request a verification of licensure from an international jurisdiction or from a state that DOES NOT participate in electronic verifications via Nursys such as Alabama, California, Pennsylvania, and Michigan. Alternatively, you may be able to request a verification by contacting these states directly such on their website. When using one of these forms you must also include the correct payment and mail it to the appropriate licensing authority for completion. Once completed it will be mailed from the licensing authority directly to the Texas Board of Nursing. Allow up to 10 business days from our receipt of the verification for our system to be updated.
RN Verification Request Form
LVN Verification Request Form