Online Renewal Services
Renewing your license online is fast and easy. You can update your home address and statistical information during the process. In only five (5) simple steps, you will be able to receive your license promptly and verify your license renewal online within two (2) business days. Verify your license here. In order to renew your license online, you will need your license number AND the last four digits of your social security number (SSN). Payment is made by credit card or web check.
Nurses may renew licenses online UNLESS one of the following is true:
- The Nurse has defaulted on a Texas Guaranteed Student Loan (TGSL)
- The Nurse has not met the mandatory continuing nursing education (CNE) requirements and/or has been selected for a CNE Audit. Proof of continuing nursing education must be received in our office in order for the license to be released or renewed
- The Nurse has been selected for a Criminal Background Check (CBC) and the process has not yet been completed
- The Nurse's primary state of residence is a compact state other than Texas. Check here to see more information regarding the Nurse Licensure Compact and to check if your state is included.
- The license number and/or last four digits of the Social Security Number (SSN) entered do not match the information on the Board's files
- The license is Delinquent or on Inactive Status
To renew your license online, use the Online Renewal Application:
There is a potential grace period for nurses whose license has not expired, but are unable to renew online.
Nurses who submit the timely renewal application and correct minimum payment, postmarked no later than the last day of the month the license is due to expire are exempt from TOC § 301.301(f) and may continue to practice for a period of up to one month from the license expiration date while the renewal is in process. The Renewal Department will communicate with the nurse regarding any outstanding licensure issues (i.e. need for a TGSLC release letter, compliance with continuing competency audit etc). If all renewal requirements are not met within the subsequent month, the license will be placed on delinquent status.
During the grace period, the website will reflect that the license is current though the expiration date has passed. The BON website will be updated to reflect the future expiration date once the renewal process is completed. A nurse who does not submit the timely renewal application and correct payment, postmarked on/before the license expiration date, must follow the delinquent renewal process and no grace period will apply.